The number of festivals and events in San Sebastian is astonishing. Keep informed!
The quality and number of cultural
events in San Sebastian is astonishing. No matter the time, San Sebastian will
never cease to amaze you with its festivals. A recent student told us, "San
Sebastian could set the world record for most festivals held in a month!
Nothing compares to this! Every weekend it's something else!" Look below for a
preview and be sure to check out the Activity Calendar for a more detailed
Throughout the entire year you have the
opportunity to enjoy the different fiestas and events, which are celebrated
right here in San Sebastian:
- January: 19th and 20th: San Sebastian's
Day, celebrating our patron saint's day with the classic "Tamborrada". An
experience not to be missed!
- February: First Saturday: "Comparsa de
Caldederos". First Sunday: Parade of "artzaias e iñudes" (shepherds and Basque
baby sitters). Carnivals - parades and floats.
- May: Contemporary Dance Festival.
- June: 23rd and 24th: San Juan
- July: Jazz Festival.
- August: Week of the 15th: "Semana Grande
donostiarra". International Fireworks Competition. 31st: Commemoration of
the fire in the city. "Traineras de la Concha" (boats race): Qualifying
- September: First 2 Sundays: "Traineras de
la Concha". Second Saturday: Cider Day. 2nd fortnight - International Film
- October: Popular San Sebastián Marathon.
- November: Half of the Marathon Behobia-San
- December: Nativity Scene Exhibitions.
21st: "Santo Tomás" Festival.
Browse our Course Listings