1. Going blank = Not knowing what to say
In the exam I went blank and I did not know what to put
2. Go to the nines = Go dressed in a very elegant or arranged way
My coworker always comes to the office dressed to the nines
3. Sleeping all night = Not sleeping at all all night
Tonight I had a stomach ache and I spent the whole night blank
4. Being broke = Running out of money
I can't go out this weekend because I'm broke.
5. Put someone green = Talk bad about someone when they are not in front
María turns green on her partner. She doesn't like him at all.
6. Being green = Not having experience
The boy who has started working with us is a bit green, he has to learn a lot.
7. Turn purple = Eat a lot
On Saturday I had a wedding and I turned purple
8. Turn red = be embarrassed
The teacher asked me something I didn't know and I turned red
9. Being my prince charming = Being your ideal guy
That boy in my class is my prince charming
10. Seeing all black = Being pessimistic or having a negative attitude
Juan always sees everything black, he is very pessimistic
11. Put on black = Get very angry
I turn black when you don't listen to me.
12. See everything in pink = Being very optimistic or not giving importance to problems
Ana has just fallen in love and sees everything in a rosy color